“Any daily work task that takes five minutes will cost over 20 hours a year of productivity,“ says author, Anthony Stieber. “Even if it takes 20 hours to automate that daily five-minute task, the automation will break even in a year.”
We understand that you have processes in place that you are used to, users that are resistant to change, and time that is counted in dollars and cents. If you would spend even a few minutes to automate something that could make you faster, stronger, and more accurate, think of how many hours in the day you could save and use towards growing your business.
Here are the top 5 ways to automate your day using HeavyBid:
- Quote System Automation
- Quote system will allow you to quickly populate your quote folders with resources and vendors based on the specific resources being used in the estimate.
- DOT Import and Export
- DOT import and export will open the possibility for you to quickly build estimates from DOT lettings vs having to manually create every line item.
- Using Master Estimates to Automate the New Estimate Creation Process.
- Master estimates provide the template from which you can quickly setup an estimate. This will free up your time immediately to spend on estimating vs adding setups before you can estimate. You will estimate faster, more consistently, and maintain a quality control point. Here is another helpful video.
- Export Phases of Work and Budgets to Accounting
- Our Export to Accounting allows you to automate the organization of your estimate, and quickly send the information to your accounting system for budgetary purposes.
- Let the Codebook Populate Your Bid with Known Activities and Resources
- Codebooks contain the fundamental ingredients to your secret estimating sauce. These codebooks will automate building biditems, with cost, utilizing repetitive activites or sub work.
Here are the top 5 ways to automate your day using HeavyJob:
- Time Card Warnings
- The manager system can set preferences to alert foremen/field entry personnel when their time card is missing required items: Did I enter quantities? Did I enter my break? Did I add a diary? Let the system catch these errors before they are sent in to the Manager, and reduce the need for error checking by humans.
- Mobile Import Service
- This service will be able to control when, and how often, you want to check for submitted time cards from mobile devices. Contact HCSS Support to help you set up this auto-importer. We will make sure the service is running and has the correct permissions before letting you off the support call.
- Forms Auto-Emailed When Sent
- You can manually send forms by e-mail or you can set up a form to automatically e-mail certain addresses every time a time card is submitted to the manager system. This will ensure that the right people see specific forms as they are coming through without extra effort.
- Auto-generate Location-based Weather Conditions for your Foreman’s Diary
- There are so many time-saving tips that can help your foremen work through their day with ease. This video will show you how you can use the GPS location of your iPad to log accurate time stamped working conditions (up to 3 times per day) without having to type anything, and it will go through many other time card entry tips.
- Databound Forms Pull Data From Time Card
- Automatically populate your time card data into forms that the manager creates. These forms can turn a tedious task of filling out a complicated report into just a few clicks.
** If you love to stay ahead of the curve, the HeavyJob Product Manager, Adam Black, will be hosting a webinar on the last Thursday of every month packed with tips, feature explanations, and a Q&A session that will take your Job Management to the next level. Register HERE to be notified.
We want to save you time with HeavyBid and HeavyJob by relieving your daily routine from repeatable processes. Once you let the computer handle those repetitions, you can get back to the real work of creatively winning jobs and saving money along the way. Whether your goal is expansion, being able to predict cost and profit, monitoring progress and execution to increase job efficiency, or achieving company alignment – we want to be on that journey with you, and provide you with the support that you need to keep going.
If you have any unique ways you are automating your workflow that is saving your company time and money (or maybe just a little sanity), and want to share that with others – please send me an e-mail: email@example.com.
- If you are the self-taught kind of person that likes to research as much as you can before you ask for help, we made a library of all of our support solutions that you can access here.
- If you are the kind of person that likes to chat online, and you need help there is a chat link within each of our applications, or you can simply click here.
- If you are trying to find something, and has taken you longer than 5 minutes – give us a call; we can help: Main Support: 1-800-444-3196