The last Thursday of every month Adam Black, HeavyJob Product Manager, hosts a Monthly HeavyJob Webinar detailing new features, releases, and fields questions from attendees. This past Webinar included some great developments with HeavyJob (including the Forecasting on HeavyJob.com).
Here is a summary:
- Not a new feature, but Android users can now use bomgar on their tablet to remotely share their screen with HCSS Support (Apple still has not made this available in iOS)
- Forms was exclusively a tablet feature. Now it is available for android devices on the phone, including pdf forms (screen size is the only limiting factor on ease of use).
- Forecasting is now part of the HeavyJob | Manager subscription. Anyone can use it and does not currently cost anything additional.
- Forecasting will show job stats such as how much is remaining, percent complete and quantity. Modification to quantity (production quantity adjustment tool) will remain as a desktop function only at the moment.
- Desktop forecasting will not go away, but there will not be bidirectional communication between Web and Desktop Forecasting.
iOS’ Daily Digest Improvements
- iOS Daily Digest received improvements from development. Daily Digest is now an accordion style, and will provide information that can be expanded or closed. The preference will stay open when scrolling.
- Swiping left and right through photos, and the ability to zoom in has also been added in the Daily Digest.
- Multiple cost codes can be opened at once on the right side of the Daily Digest, and the list can be scrolled through.
View Last Month’s Webinar with Adam Black: Click Here
Sign up for the HeavyJob Product Manager’s Monthly HeavyJob Webinar to discuss new releases, functionality, and any questions you might have.
To enable forecasting in HeavyJob.com follow these steps:
- Navigate to HeavyJob.com.
- Log in with a Credentials account.
- In the menu click Setup > Administration.
- Locate the Access Group that you would like to add Forecasting enabled and click Details.
- Locate Forecast at the bottom of the screen, and toggle the Allow Access switch for Forecast.
- Assign permissions to Add/Edit or Delete
- Click Save.